The ESA Research Network 28 ‘Society and Sports’, has been recently revamped with the aim of strengthening the visibility and legitimacy of the sociology of sport within the European Sociological Association, serving as a forum for exchange, collaboration and sharing among sociologists of sport and those with overlapping interests.
Therefore, the RN-28 ‘Society and Sports’ invites papers for the Esa conference to be held in Geneva, Switzerland, in September 2011 (www.esa10thconference.com).
In particular, we are interested in papers that focus on one of the following areas:
- Sport, development and peace
- Sport and social inclusion
- Physical activity and neoliberal governance
- Sport and media
- Professional sports
- Alternative sports
- Social theory and sport (joint session with the RN 29 Social Theory)
- Sport and religion/spirituality (joint session with the RN 7 Sociology of Culture)
Download the full Call For Papers.